Optimize Your Smile Without The Jaw Problem With Oral Surgeon Corpus Christi
Keeping our teeth healthy is very important. If we failed to take good care of our overall mouth, we could be facing significant problems sooner or later. An oral surgeon can help with categorizing wisdom teeth and impacted teeth to jaw misalignment and bone loss. Oral surgeons are also able to handle chronic diseases or conditions that derive from issues of the mouth. It is unlike any ordinary dentist who will opt to clean and check on your teeth whenever you have an appointment. The difference they entail is that an oral surgeon participates in teeth situations that are more critical and may require surgery to its severe status. We need always to prioritize our health. Here, we will discuss how to get the best oral surgeon Corpus Christi.
What Methods Do Oral Surgeons Perform?
Here are the different methods performed by oral surgeons:
- Dental Implants - One of the standard methods that oral surgeons perform is dental implant placement. In this method, the surgeon sets a titanium post into the jawbone and then tops it utilizing a dental crown. After the procedure, you will have a substitute tooth that looks and witness the natural feeling.
- Facial Infections - Dealing with the infection in the face, neck, or jaws may demand an oral surgeon. The surgeon drains the infected area and withdraws any dentine that causes the condition or is affected by it.
- TMD Treatment - Temporomandibular disorders(TMD) are quite prevalent, and their symptoms include headaches, struggling when opening the mouth, and suffering from ear pain. If medicinals or pain relief, or muscle relaxation do not work, you may be introduced to an oral surgeon to execute surgery to repair the damaged joint and tissue.
- Tooth Extraction - Another standard method performed by oral surgeons is tooth extraction. In some cases, your dentist may introduce you to an oral surgeon to extract your wisdom teeth if the tooth is acutely impacted or if the method looks to be complicated.
- Cleft palates and lip correction - One of the common congenital disorders is cleft palates and cleft lips. Lip surgery is typically executed when a child is 3 to 6 months old, while cleft palate surgery is usually administered when a child is 9 to 12 months old. The child's oral surgeon will mostly work with their pediatrician and dentist to complete the treatment and restore the palate's appearance and structure.
- Oral Cancer Treatment - Your dentist may assess for signs of oral cancer during a preventive dental exam. The typical oral cancer scanning includes feeling inside the mouth and throughout the jaw for any lumps or nodules and visual examination inside the mouth. If any tissue existing that may be cancer is found, they will introduce you to an oral surgeon to execute the biopsy and determine the next treatment steps.
- Jaw surgery - Jaw surgery can settle a misaligned bite or misaligned teeth. If you are suffering from difficulty speaking or chewing or some concerts with your jaw or face appearance, the Jaw Surgeon in Corpus Christi will design a treatment plan to tix your jaw position.
Jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) corrects the jaw bones' irregularities and realigns the jaws and teeth to optimize the way they work. Making this transformation may also improve your facial appearance. jaw surgeon in Corpus Christi
Jaw surgery is predominantly safe when done by a professional oral and maxillofacial surgeon, often in collaboration with an orthodontist.
What is Maxillofacial Surgeon?
Maxillofacial surgeons, also called oral and maxillofacial surgeons, are experienced in handling various injuries and conditions that affect the head, neck, mouth, jaw, and face.
Call Us Today!
Find out oral surgeon Corpus Christi approach with a combined experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery with certified care for your health and comfort; we are ready to improve your health and dazzling smiles.